It’s harder to replace your phone’s battery than it is to take care of it. You can really make a difference in how fast your phone’s battery deteriorates by taking the right measures to extend it’s life. Here are 6 tips you should consider if you’re trying to keep your phone’s battery lasting like it’s brand new.
- Avoid extremes of hot and cold – If your phone gets either too hot or too cold it can strain the battery. This ends up shortening the lifespan. Leaving it in your car during the really hot or cold months isn’t a good idea.
- Avoid fast charging – Fast charging is when you plug in your phone for a quick 5-minute charge before running out the door. In fact, the slower you charge your phone the better. So if you don’t mind slow charging your phone overnight then go for it! It’ll only help extend your phone’s battery life.
- Avoid charging to 100% or draining to 0% – Older phones actually benefited from you draining your battery to 0% and then charging it fully to 100% because they have battery memory. The phones out nowadays don’t benefit from this and doing so can actually strain the battery. Slow charging to 50% is what seems to be ideal.
- Turn down the brightness – Turning down your phone’s brightness will cause it to use less battery and will allow your phone to not die so quickly.
- Reduce the screen timeout – Find it in your settings where you can shorten the time where your screen will auto lock and then go black. This ends up saving your phone’s battery on a daily basis.
- Choose a dark theme – Choosing the darker display screen setting will actually use less battery. If your phone doesn’t have this option then there are apps you can download that will change the theme of your phone display. Shop for Certified Pre-owned Apple iPhones today!